Our Car Accident Lawyers in St. Louis Are Ready To Help
If you are searching to for the best St. Louis car accident lawyer, results matter. Christopher R. Dixon is recognized as a Top 100 Trial lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association and a Life-Time Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. If you have been involved in an auto accident, call immediately for a FREE case evaluation: 314-409-7060, or toll-free at 855-40-CRASH.
The first step after an accident is to determine whether anyone has been injured. As adrenaline rushes, injuries are often overlooked. Following a car accident, you should immediately seek medical attention. In addition, contact the police to ensure a police report is generated, and never speak to an insurance adjuster until you have taken advantage of our FREE consultation with an auto accident lawyer. A few minutes will arm you with the information you need to protect your case.
Take advantage of our free car accident report designed to help you protect your car accident case.
Following Your Car Accident, Make Sure You Immediately:
- Call the Police- It is important the police document the car crash by creating a report of the incident. Failing to officially document the crash by filing an accident report will allow the responsible party’s insurance company to delay or deny your claim for reimbursement. A police report will provide a summary of the facts of the crash, who is at fault, insurance information for the parties, witnesses names and contact information, road conditions, citations issued, and other vital details. A police report provides vital information for a subsequent investigation by your accident lawyer.
- Seek Medical Attention-Following any accident, victims are often dazed and confused. In addition, adrenaline is rushing and injuries are often overlooked. It is important that you seek emergency medical attention to ensure you receive proper treatment for your injuries. Overlooked internal bleeding and traumatic brain injuries are responsible for a countless number of deaths each year. Your car accident injuries need to be documented immediately in order to receive the correct course of medical treatment.
- Do Not Exaggerate Your Injuries-This is an extremely important point. Your medical providers cannot provide competent medical care if they do not know your true symptoms. In addition, qualified trial lawyers are always taking into account that your case may be tried in front of a jury of your peers. For this reason it is imperative that the community is only required to spend their time deciding actual legitimate personal injury claims. Our firm will turn down any case if it is discovered that injuries are being exaggerated or falsified.
- Tell The Insurance Companies to Wait- Following the crash, insurance companies will begin to call immediately. They are calling to obtain your recorded statement regrading the facts of the crash. However, they do not care if you are in the hospital, on medication, or injured. Insurance companies hire trained investigators to obtain any evidence available to deny your claim. A statement provided while you are under the influence of narcotic pain medication will later be used against you if you fail to mention any relevant detail. There is a time for speaking to insurance companies and it is certainly not immediately following your crash. It will not hurt your case to wait to make a statement, despite what the insurance company may tell you.
- Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney-Knowing that large insurance corporations hire skilled investigators requires that you obtain someone who is looking out for your best interests immediately after the crash. Insurance corporations place the interests of profit above all other interests. This includes yours! Following an auto collision, you should immediately retain an injury lawyer to begin an investigation into your case. As time passes, evidence is lost. Only an immediate investigation will ensure all available evidence is documented and preserved.
St. Louis Car Accident Claims Information
After your involvement in an auto accident, the insurance claims process begins. You must always keep in mind that insurance companies make money by collecting more in premiums than they pay out in claims. This increased profit rarely ever results in reduced premiums for policyholders. State Farm uses the additional profit for increased executive pay, with their Chief Executive Officer making in excess of $9.64 million a year. This for profit model creates an incentive for the insurance company to pay you as little as possible for your injury. To ensure fair reimbursement for your injuries, it is important for you to contact an auto accident lawyer who can immediately go to work for you.
If you are injured in a car accident, you are entitled to reimbursement for all your harms and losses related to the crash. Missouri law requires the at fault party and their insurance company pay the victim for property damage, medical expenses, future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, inconvenience, loss of consortium, and numerous other accident related damages. If you have lost a loved one as the result of an motor vehicle accident, you are entitled to bring a wrongful death lawsuit for your loss. A wrongful death case will provide reimbursement for medical and funeral expenses, as well as lost wages of the deceased for the benefit of their family.
Furthermore, if the at fault party’s conduct was intentional or extremely negligent, punitive damages (these are damages designed to punish) may be awarded to send a message to the community that this sort of conduct will not be tolerated. This commonly occurs with respect to drinking and driving accidents.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Speeding is a significant contributing factor to automobile crashes in Missouri. Recent traffic accident statistics complied by the Missouri Department of Transportation report that one person is killed or injured every 46.1 minutes due to speeding accidents. Other common causes include:
- Aggressive Driving
- Confusing Traffic Signs
- Distracted Driving
- Driving While Tired
- Drugged Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Poor Road Maintenance
- Road Rage
While not quite as common, sudden unintended acceleration, brake malfunction, vehicle defect, defective tires, tire blowouts, car fires, and SUV rollover accidents are responsible for countless injuries and deaths every year.
Car Accident Injuries and Deaths
It only takes an instant for a car accident to change a person’s life or end it altogether. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System compiles fatality data by state. This resource shows the sobering reality that in a recent ten year span, the United States has lost 392,874 individuals in traffic related deaths. On a positive note, the figures do reveal that traffic fatalities are decreasing every year.
Despite the advanced life saving safety equipment now included on most cars, accidents-even those at low speeds-may result in injuries with long-term repercussions. Some of the most common car accident injuries are:
- Bruises and contusions
- Broken Femur
- Cervical strain or sprain
- Lumbar strain or sprain
- Collapsed lung
- Herniated disc injury
- Neck injury
- Knee injuries
- Soft tissue injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
Recovering from a car accident injury may take days, weeks or months. In some especially unfortunate cases disability may be permanent, requiring life long care. All options places a significant financial burden on the victim and require immediate action to protect your case.
Call a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer Now
Our St. Louis accident lawyers serve victims throughout St. Louis and across the State of Missouri. The State of Missouri provides a limited time frame for victims to bring their claim for compensation following a motor vehicle accident. Do not delay in taking advantage of our FREE consultation.
If you have been hurt or a loved one has been injured or killed in a car accident that was the result of another person’s carelessness or deliberate wrongdoing, The Dixon Injury Firm can help. A T0p 100 Trial Lawyer is standing by to discuss your case by calling: 314-409-7060 or 855-40-CRASH (toll free).